CMAT Basic Details
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) will conduct the CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) for admission in PG management (MBA and PGDM) courses across its participating institutes. It is an objective type computer based admission test which is organized once a year. The CMAT will be held in the January month every year. Furthermore, CMAT score is accepted by all the AICTE approved institutions/Affiliated colleges/University departments/ constituent colleges. Also, this admission test facilities Institutions to select graduate applicants for admission in PG management courses. The online application of CMAT will be starts from in the month of October.
- Candidates must be Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have graduates from a recognized institution or university with 50 % marks (45% marks for SC/ST applicants) are eligible to appear in CMAT.
- Last year graduate students can also apply for the CMAT.
CMAT Application Form Details
- First, candidates need to open the CMAT official site (www.aicte-cmat.in).
- Now click on the CMAT new registration link and then create an account.
- Candidates need to enter the basic details such as candidate’s name, DOB, category, religion, gender and other details.
- Then candidates will receive a unique password.
- Candidates are also necessary to upload their recent photographs and signature during the application process.
- Then candidates can also pay the online application form fee through bank challan, debit/credit card or net banking.
- The CMAT online application process begins from October month and last date to fill online applications is December.
CMAT Application Fee Details
- The CMAT online application form fee is Rs 1400 + bank charges (for General/OBC applicants) and Rs. 700 + bank charges (for female/PwD/SC/ST applicants).
- The application fee payment can be done through two modes: (i) online payment using net banking/credit card/debit card. (ii) Cash payment in SBI bank.
CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT is a 180 minutes (3 hour) computer based admission test which is organized in a single session. There will be mainly four sections, including logical reasoning, general awareness, language comprehension and quantitative techniques & data interpretation. In addition, there will be negative marking for incorrect responses, for every incorrect response one mark will be deducted.
Number of Questions
Quantitative techniques and data interpretation
CMAT Selection Procedure
- Applicants will be selected for admission on the basis of CMAT cut off and CMAT marks/ranks.
- Then applicants need to participate in the Written Ability Test (WAT)/Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview.
- Furthermore, the participating B-Schools organize separate admission selection process.
- The final merit list or selection list is declared on the basis of applicant’s performance in the CMAT and WAT/GD and interview rounds.
CMAT Important Dates
CMAT Registration Starts From
Last date for Online Registration of CMAT
Exam Date of CMAT
CMAT Result Declaration
For more information about any entrance exam or other education related details then register in examhelpline.in.